taxrates logo   


How to Access Past Tax Returns


Visit your local tax office. Bring your photo identification and ask the clerk if you can have copies of your past returns and tell her the tax year or years you need. If the tax office cannot issue your returns to you while you wait, it will mail them to you as soon as they are available.


Obtain a copy of form 4506-T from the Internal Revenue Service website. Enter the information required to request copies of past tax returns.


Mail your request to the Internal Revenue Service using the address for taxpayers residing in your state. Addresses are located on the instruction portion of Form 4506-T.

Tips and Warnings

  • Mailed requests for previous year tax returns can take as long as 60 business days to be returned to you.
  • Contacting the IRS for copies of your old returns is the only way to access a past tax return unless you used an accountant who can just make a copy of the return from her files for you.

  • Visitors Also Saw
  • Georgia State Income Tax Instructions
  • How to Figure Taxes on Series E Bonds
  • Tax Reporting Questions
  • Federal Tax Return Questions
  • How Long to Retain Pay Stubs
  • IRS Inheritance Tax Questions
  • The Enlistment Requirements for Back Taxes
  • How Much Federal Tax Should You Withhold From Wages?
  • The Penalty for Tax Evasion and the Statute of Limitations
  • How Is EIC Calculated?

  • I. American Stores Tax Rates Search

    II. American Stores Shoping Guide