taxrates logo   


How to File an Extension for a S Corporation


Download Form 7004 from the Internal Revenue Service website (see the Reference section for a link) or request one from any local IRS office.


Enter your corporate name, address and form code "25" in the boxes on "Part II line B." In Part III, enter the tax year for the extension and the estimated amount of tax due.


Write a check for any tax due made payable to the U.S. Department of Treasury.


Mail the completed documents to the proper IRS address, based on the state where your corporation is located. Addresses are located in the instruction booklet for Form 7004.

Visitors Also Saw
  • What Will the IRS Do If You Don't Pay Your Taxes?
  • Tax Code Questions
  • How Can I Track the Status of My North Carolina State Tax Return?
  • IRS Rules for a Qualifying Event Health Savings Account
  • How to Qualify for a Tax Credit for Energy Star Certified Homes
  • Travel Cost for Work Tax Deductions
  • Tax Basics for New Businesses
  • First Time Home Buyer Tax Credit Questions
  • Who Gets the Child Tax Credit When Parents Are Divorced?
  • AARP Member Income Tax Help

  • I. American Stores Tax Rates Search

    II. American Stores Shoping Guide