taxrates logo   


How to Get a Copy of My 2007 1040 Tax Return


Determine if a transcript will meet your needs. A transcript contains most of the information on your 2007 1040 tax return and is considered sufficient by many businesses and government agencies as verification of income. If photocopies are required, they will cost you $57 each (as of 2010).


Decide if you want to order a copy of your 2007 1040 tax return by mail or phone. If you prefer to mail in an order, go to the IRS website and print the request form you need (see Resources). You will need Form 4506 for photocopies or Form 4506T for transcripts. The forms are identical except for a payment information section at the end of Form 4506.


Enter your name and Social Security number on the form. Include your spouse's information as well if you filed jointly. Next, provide your address and phone number. Enter the name and mailing address of a third party if the copy or transcript is to be sent directly there. Be sure to enter the type of return (1040, 1040 EZ and so on) and the year of the return you want. Finally, sign the request form. For photocopy requests, complete the payment information section.


Mail the Form 4506 or 4506T to the address for your regional IRS Service Center given in the instructions. Do not send a payment for transcript requests, since they are free. Enclose a check or money order payable to the United States Treasury in the amount of $57 for photocopy requests. If you need more than one photocopy, multiply the number of copies requested by $57 to calculate the amount for the check/money order.


Call the IRS at 800-829-1040 to place a phone request for a copy of your 2007 1040 tax return. Follow the automated system prompts. You will be directed to a live operator, who will take your order. For photocopy requests, you need a credit or debit card to pay the fee.

Visitors Also Saw
  • How To Calculate Estimated Taxes
  • If You E-File Do You Still Have to Mail in Your W-2 Forms?
  • How to Find School Tax Identification Numbers
  • How to Figure Tax Deductions
  • Separated & Divorced Tax Questions
  • Rules for Claiming Head of Household
  • How to File a Tax Return With Cash Income
  • Do You Pay Income Tax on a Certificate of Deposit?
  • Timeshare Tax Strategies
  • Tax Advantages of Owning Vacation Property

  • I. American Stores Tax Rates Search

    II. American Stores Shoping Guide