taxrates logo   


What Can I Claim on My Income Tax Return?

Child And Dependent Care Credit

This is a non-refundable deduction for unreimbursed childcare expenses. The Child and Dependent Care Credit varies between a range of 20 percent to 35 percent of $3,000 for each qualifying child or dependent under the age of 13.

Head of Household

A head of household is anyone running a house and paying more than 50 percent of household expenses. The benefits of claiming this status is lower tax brackets in certain jurisdictions.

Capital Loss

Investors can claim capital loss on tax filings. Capital losses are losses received from selling investments. If capital losses exceed capital gains, then the difference can be claimed up to $3,000.

Medical and Dental Expenses

Medical and dental expenses are deductible, such as prescription glasses or lenses, eye surgery, dentures or hearing aids. Funeral or burial costs, toiletries or over-the-counter medications are not deductible.

Business Use of Car

In order for business travel deduction, the car must be owned or leased. Gas, repairs and other expenses can be deductible, as well as a portion of the mileage.

Visitors Also Saw
  • Tax Impact of Buying & Selling the Same Stock Every Day
  • What are Qualifications for Tax Rebate Checks?
  • How to File Self Employment
  • W-4 Tax Withholding Questions
  • What Are the Sales Tax Deductions for Home Improvements?
  • What Is a Tax Credit With the IRS?
  • Tax Tips & Advice
  • How to Configure the VAT
  • What Are the Causes of Tax Penalties?
  • How do I File Income Taxes for a Fictitious-Name Business?

  • I. American Stores Tax Rates Search

    II. American Stores Shoping Guide